Thursday 5 September 2013

Steadying Your Shot (Hunter Week)

Who doesn't love a good hunter? Hunter players who know what they're doing are very beneficial to raid and dungeon groups, as well as extremely versatile in PvP. In a raid but you don't have a class with bloodlust/hero/time warp? No problem! Hunter, call out a corehound for lust! Hunters are incredibly fun... when I roll an alt on a different server, 9 times out of 10 I go for a hunter. Unfortunately, other than my PTR toon, I do not have a level cap hunter this expansion. I have so many alts that I'm trying to work on that the numerous hunters I have at various levels sometimes fall by the wayside.

Hunters of Warcraft, I salute you. You guys get more insults hurled your way than any other class. Everyone has heard it or had it hurled at them at one point - "huntard." A word with no respect, fusing your class and a horrible word for a disability in a misguided attempt to elicit a laugh. There are the jokes about only having to spam arcane shot and steady shot to win. Hunters are so much more than that. Powerful, the best class for trying to solo pretty much anything and full of utility that will make your opposing faction cower in fright. Keep on hunting!


5 comments:

  1. Urghhh that word - "Huntard"!! It makes me so angry. I'm the first to admit that I'm not a brilliant hunter, I don't exactly have a rotation blah blah blah but I enjoy playing the class and that's enough for me. Some people are just so rude and it's like once one person says it others jump on the bandwagon :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand the word or the real-life equivalent either. I have seen people been called it and then quit playing the class completely because they feel like they're bad at it. It's really a shame. :(

      Delete
  2. I hate the Huntard word so much ...
    I sometimes do stuff wrong simply because I forget or I'm doing something else on the same time :D
    People are so rude now days in WoW :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite awful. Unfortunately, it's extremely hard to change the hive mindset of people.
      Everyone does things wrong sometimes. It's the only way to learn!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post and i agree on the misuse of the H word with you Lady Hunters.

    Like the True Grit transmog on the panderan too.

    ReplyDelete