Friday 23 August 2013

Early Access Madness!

We're less than 24 hours away from early access for FFXIV. I know a lot of people are planning on getting up at 5 AM EST in order to begin playing right away. With such a huge launch coming up, I figured I would do a little post with some tips and tricks so that early access, launch and everything else runs smoothly for you and isn't too hard on your body.

First of all, if you intend on participating in early access starting tomorrow, patch your client. There's a 1GB patch that some people noticed yesterday. You don't want to end up having to patch in the morning and then get stuck with server queues.

Some of these tips are common sense, but I know that I have forgotten about common sense things while overly excited. Hopefully I can help at least one person out and help their leveling experience run a little bit smoother.
  • Register the three cities as "favorite destinations" on the Aetheryte. This will allow you to teleport to them for less gil, without any wasted travel time or cutscenes.
  • Keep all of your gear. If you switch classes, you will need it or you'll end up having nothing to wear for the first little while.
  • Always ensure you log out in an inn for rested XP.
  • Always ensure you are using bonus XP food while leveling.
  • Stick to the main storyline quests and class quests. Better XP rewards, better gear, less running around all over the place.
  • If you go near a F.A.T.E, always do it. Even if you jump in for the last 45 seconds, you'll still get a little chunk of XP that you wouldn't have otherwise.
  • If you're planning on playing for a long period of time, remember to stay hydrated and get up and stretch every now and then. Make yourself more important than the game for a few minutes. ;)
Also, just so everyone knows, the NDA is still in effect for early access when it comes to video/audio of the game. You may record videos in early access, but please don't post them until the game actually launches on the 27th.
If I missed anything that you feel is important, please let me know in the comments and I will add it into the post!
See you in Eorzea!

2 comments:

  1. Sagacyte Luxaloix23 August 2013 at 08:31

    Good tips!

    #1 got me thinking: If I'm in Limsa, and I want to teleport to Black Brush Station, would it cost the same as if I wanted to teleport to BBS from Ul'dah? I guess not, but curious :P

    #2 in invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have it set as a favorite destination, it would cost no more than an airship ride does. (:

      Delete